1-YEAR LIMITED MANUFACTURING WARRANTY
Congratulations on your new CosmoGlo light and welcome to the family!
We want you to get the most out of your purchase. Your light comes with a 30-day return policy and a 1-year limited warranty against manufacturing defects.
Please open your box immediately upon receiving your shipment and contact us right away with any concerns so we can evaluate the situation and make it right.
Please reach out to us if you need help or advice with Assembly, or you can read through our support articles for easy self-service on our Help Center.
You may submit a support ticket on our website by visiting our help center, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by messaging us on Instagram, or you can Click Here to Submit a Support Request. When writing in for any questions or concerns please include your order number, a description of the issue faced, and any applicable pictures or videos that will help us assist you quickly.
If you are a member of CosmoGlo Protection, please submit a CosmoGlo Protection Claim
We have included a Glossary of Terms and Helpful links at the bottom of this warranty. Glossary terms will be designated with an * for easy reference. Links will direct you to further resources and details.
- COVERAGE TERMS
Each CosmoGlo light comes with a 1-Year limited warranty against manufacturing defects. This warranty applies only when the product has been properly used by consumers who have purchased the product from CosmoGlo or through an official CosmoGlo Reseller.
If the product fails due to a manufacturing defect, CosmoGlo will replace parts or the unit at its discretion and reserves the right to substitute comparable materials or models. CosmoGlo does not guarantee that the replacement part will match the existing pieces or products. CosmoGlo reserves the right to replace parts or pieces with new or refurbished products.
This warranty may cover replacement parts for the model originally purchased. Replacement claims cannot be used to request a new unit or parts in a different model.
Lost packages, shipping damages/carrier-related damages, and damages or issues that occur while using 3rd party carriers are not covered by the 1-year warranty. We offer Route* as an easy way to file claims for issues with your shipment due to these reasons.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR WARRANTY CLAIMS AND COVERAGE, ORDERS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- Be placed directly with CosmoGlo or through an approved reseller and shipped to an approved shipping location*.
- Be used properly in accordance with recommended guidelines for care and maintenance*.
- Be assembled following CosmoGlo’s written Assembly Instructions*, following methods shown in our assembly video, while using the tools provided with your order.
- Please reach out to support should you need assistance and/or replacement tools for assembly.
- DURATION OF COVERAGE
The manufacturer’s warranty starts on the day your original CosmoGlo order is delivered to the shipping address on file and ends one calendar year later. All warranty claims must be linked to an original sale through the CosmoGlo store. Replacements are a part of the original warranty and warranties do not start over with the delivery of replacement parts.
WARRANTY TERMINATION AND VOIDING ACTIONS:
Transferring products and orders outside of our offered and approved shipping zones will void all warranties, policies, guarantees, promises, and violate our Terms of Service as agreed upon during checkout. These terms apply at all times.
Any alterations or modifications made to the original product will void the warranty. Alterations include but are not limited to:
- Removing the LED shield or tampering with electrical components.
- Use of non-CosmoGlo power boxes. This may cause strobing, overheating, smoking, or other hazards.
- Damages caused by using different or third-party parts, accessories, power boxes, cords, or cosmetic enhancements.
- Restriction of cord movement such as by taping down cords.
- Unauthorized repair attempts.
- Use of Touch-Up Paint in a different color or over-application resulting in assembly/functionality issues.
Misuse and Improper Setup:
Failure to follow assembly instructions or misusing the product may void the warranty. Please See our Guidelines for Care and Maintenance* for ways to avoid misuse or improper setup.
Misuse includes but is not limited to:
- Our warranty typically covers electrical malfunctions caused by a manufacturer defect or issue, but will not include electrical issues caused by improper use such as turning the halo in the same direction repeatedly.
- Cosmetic damages due to improper assembly, including use of power tools, which is not required or recommended.
- Improper cord setup or use. The cord needs ample room to move freely and maintain functionality. Ensure that it comes out from underneath the base through the back, between the rubber feet, without being pinched or held tightly)
- Cosmetic damages due to lights falling over, tipping, slamming, or hitting objects as a result of improper setup.
- Squeaks and noises: any metal on metal parts at some point begin to squeak over time. This is not a defect and will not be covered under warranty. Using silicone lubricant will help the joints on your CosmoGlo light move smoothly.
- The rubber bands on the phone clip are designed to hold the phone in place on top of the clip and can be easily replaced. We recommend replacing them periodically with bands of a similar size which are widely available online or can be purchased directly on our website here. If you notice wear and tear, the elasticity is compromised or not functioning as directed, please do not use the clip until the bands have been replaced.
The following are also not Covered:
- Damages caused by floods, fires, acts of God, natural causes, or any damages not related to manufacturing. Contact your insurance provider for such claims.
Transit or delivery-related damages. Claims of this nature are handled by Route* if package protection insurance is purchased during checkout.
- CLAIM PROCEDURES
- Please open your box immediately upon receiving your shipment and contact us right away with any concerns so we can evaluate the situation and make it right.
- You have 14 days to report missing parts, and 30 days to request a return.
- We advise you not to throw the CosmoGlo packaging away as lights can only be shipped in the box that it originally arrived in. We offer the option to purchase a new CosmoGlo box if needed.
Filing a Claim (in or out of warranty)
If you are a member of CosmoGlo Protection, please submit a CosmoGlo Protection Claim
You may submit a warranty claim on our help center, by emailing email@example.com, or by sending us a direct message on Instagram. When writing in for any questions or concerns please include your order number, a description of the issue, and pictures and videos to help us assist you quickly.
If you are in communication with our team regarding a warranty claim or support request, do not discard any parts or pieces of your light until your claim is completed, your replacement parts have arrived, and you are instructed to do so by our support agents.
Most warranty claims are resolved with support troubleshooting. Your claim may be able to be handled with troubleshooting steps or advice without the need for replacement parts, and we ask that you follow the requests and tips given by our support staff. CosmoGlo will need to be able to determine the issue to approve the claim and may not accept only verbal or written proof of the issue. You may be required to show a serial number or sticker on your CosmoGlo before we are able to proceed or approve a warranty claim.
We reserve the right to deny a claim if proof by photo/video is not provided, or if the customer does not provide proof of original purchase. Failure to cooperate with our customer support team and/or provide the requested information may result in a denied claim. We are here to help and will not tolerate aggressive behavior or threats.
If replacement parts are deemed necessary and ordered, typically only the faulty components requiring replacement will be dispatched. A complete replacement of the entire light unit is usually not required. In some cases, we may require that the defective components be returned to us for examination by our Quality Control (QC) team as part of our product improvement processes. We may also require that they be destroyed by cutting the end of the halo cord off and the ends be sent to us as proof.
In some cases, refundable deposits may be required for exchanges, returns, or replacements of full units. The customer service representative will provide more information during the claim.
If a return is necessary, we will provide a prepaid return label for easy return. Please note that you may be responsible for shipping charges; feel free to contact our representative if you have any questions regarding shipping costs. It's essential to package the returned items carefully to prevent damages during transit, as any damages caused by inadequate packaging may result in a deduction from your refund, if applicable.
Each CosmoGlo accessory comes with a 30-day warranty. Claims will be handled on a case by case basis. Please read over how to properly use our CosmoGlo accessories before sending in a claim. You can learn more below-
Mini Ring Light Macro Lens
Please note: If a replacement halo is ordered during a warranty claim and there is an accent, wrap, or colored logo set attached to the original halo, a replacement accent, wrap, or colored logos will not be given.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
All warranty replacements and/or applicable full or partial refunds are issued at the sole discretion of CosmoGlo. We reserve the right to deny any warranty claims as per our policies linked at the end of this agreement.
Customers may or may not be required to pay for shipping for replacement parts. For replacements outside the USA, the consumer will be responsible for all shipping costs including but not limited to postage, duties, taxes, and any carrier fees.
Third Party Purchases
Purchases from Third Parties will not be covered under warranty, including but not limited to local meetups, resale apps, friends, family, or otherwise unrelated parties.
Out of Warranty Requests
If you are experiencing issues with a product and are outside of warranty coverage, please submit a request to our support team for assistance. We offer replacement parts and items for sale outside of warranty that may come with a limited warranty and are happy to assist you in ordering what you need!
CosmoGlo does not accept returns/refunds on parts or items sold separately. All sales for new sold separately parts and/or refurbished items are final and non-refundable, and are not eligible for replacement under any warranties, guarantees, or policies with CosmoGlo.
This Warranty does not transfer away from the original owner, listed under the Billing Name on the original sale receipt/confirmation.
We must be able to locate your CosmoGlo Store order number to be able to file a claim, and all of the original purchasers information must be made available to us so we are able to locate the original order data.
We reserve the right to deny any claim if the information needed to locate your order is not made available to the support agent assisting you.
DEDUCTIBLES AND FEES
The customer may be responsible for shipping costs for replacements at the sole discretion of CosmoGlo on a case by case basis.
Warranty replacements will be issued at the sole discretion of CosmoGlo. Please make sure to follow all of our guidelines and advice for proper assembly and use in this warranty. Not doing so may result in your warranty claim being denied, and/or your warranty being voided.
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our product and services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable. You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you. You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available for your use, without any representation, warranties, or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
In no case shall CosmoGlo, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers, or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility.
Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- GLOSSARY OF TERMS AND HELPFUL LINKS
Please see our Assembly Information page on our website for details.
- Power tools are not required or recommended. *Use of power tools may void the warranty.
Before we send out our packages for shipment, we employ a dedicated quality-check team to thoroughly inspect each light. They meticulously examine every component individually, as well as the light as a whole unit. Prior to sealing and shipping each order to the consumer, we ensure that every light is fully plugged in and undergoes a comprehensive cosmetic evaluation. It's important to note that variations may exist between individual lights, including differences in paint color, shape, weld finish, and size. Please be aware that these organic variations in finish are not considered manufacturing defects.
Manufacturing defects do not include: improper assembly by the customer, dents/scratches/cosmetic damages, improper use, misuse, customer damaged pieces, or abuse.
APPROVED SHIPPING LOCATIONS
CosmoGlo reserves the right to deny any replacements, refunds, or warranty claims for items outside of our approved shipping locations. Shipping, traveling with, using third party carriers, or relocating your CosmoGlo outside of our approved shipping locations may void the warranty.
See our Shipping Policy under the Links section of this warranty for a list of our approved shipping locations.
GUIDELINES FOR CARE AND MAINTENANCE
See our Tips and Best Practices article for a list of guidelines for caring for your light including:
- Assembly information
- Product use suggestions and parts overview
- Tips for positioning the light
- Approved cleaning methods and products
- Suggested metals maintenance and care
- Using the product on a level surface where all rubber feet support the light with equal distribution of weight.
- Use on a flat, hard-surfaced floor is recommended. Use on carpet or uneven flooring is not recommended.
- If you are using your light on carpet, you can have a piece of plywood cut to match the dimensions of the base plate at a local hardware store. This will help give added stability to your light and allow the cords to move and work properly over time.
- The product was not abused by the consumer.
- The consumer follows all cleaning/maintenance given in the Tips and Best Practices guidelines. Use of unapproved chemicals, sanitizers, cleaners, or cleaning products/items may cause cosmetic damage or compromise the integrity of the product. This type of damage may not be covered under warranty.
TOUCH UP PAINT
Touch-up paint is intended to be used to cover minor cosmetic damages and marks on your CosmoGlo light in its original color. We recommend you watch the provided CosmoGlo painting tutorial that is provided with the purchase of touch-up paint.
CHANGES/MODIFICATIONS TO THIS POLICY
You can review the most current version of this policy at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of this policy by posting updates and/or changes to our website. The responsibility lies with the consumer/site user to check this page periodically for changes. Continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes binding acceptance and understanding of those changes.