1-YEAR LIMITED MANUFACTURING WARRANTY
Congratulations on your new CosmoGlo light and welcome to the family!
We want you to get the most out of your purchase. Your light comes with a 30-day return policy and a 1-year limited warranty against manufacturing defects.
Please open your box immediately upon receiving your shipment and contact us right away with any concerns so we can evaluate the situation and make it right.
Please reach out to us if you need help or advice with Assembly, or you can read through our support articles for easy self-service on our Help Center.
You may submit a support ticket on our website by visiting our help center, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by messaging us on Instagram, or you can Click Here to Submit a Support Request. When writing in for any questions or concerns please include your order number, a description of the issue faced, and any applicable pictures or videos that will help us assist you quickly.
Warranties start on the day your original CosmoGlo light order delivers to the shipping address on file and ends one calendar year later. Replacements are a part of the original warranty and your warranty does not start over with your replacement parts.
If you are in communication with our team regarding a warranty claim or support request, do not discard any parts or pieces of your light until your claim is completed, your replacement parts have arrived, and you are instructed to do so by our support agents.
If you are experiencing issues with a product and are outside of warranty, please submit a request to our support team for assistance. We offer replacement parts and items for sale outside of warranty that may come with a limited warranty and are happy to assist you in ordering what you need! - Click Here to Submit a Support Request
We advise to not throw your CosmoGlo box away. Your CosmoGlo can only be shipped in the box that it originally arrived in. We do offer the option to purchase a new CosmoGlo box if necessary.
If you have purchased and received CosmoGlo accessories and have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us for assistance.
MANUFACTURING DEFECT DESCRIPTION
We have a team that quality checks each light prior to sending the packages for shipment. They are looked over piece by piece individually, and again as a whole unit. Each order is fully plugged in and cosmetically approved before the package is sealed and shipped to the consumer. Each light in full may vary including the color, shape, weld finish and size. This is not a manufacturing defect and will not be considered in a warranty replacement.
Manufacturing defects do not include circumstances where the product has broken under normal use conditions, improper assembly by the consumer, dents/scratches/cosmetic damages, improper use, misuse, or abuse. Shipping damages are covered under Route if purchased, and if not purchased claims will need to be filed directly with the carrier (FedEx, USPS, etc.)
CUSTOMER DAMAGED PIECES
Damage caused to your light during assembly, mishandling, misuse, or abuse are not covered under your warranty.
Please submit a request to our support team for ordering assistance if you need to purchase parts outside of warranty.
You can review the most current version of this Limited Warranty at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of this Limited Warranty by posting updates and/or changes to our website. The responsibility lies with the consumer/site user to check this page periodically for changes.
Continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes binding acceptance and understanding of those changes.
ELIGIBILITY AND GUIDELINES FOR CLAIMS
All new CosmoGlo Orders that follow our policies and are within our approved shipping zones will include a 1-Year Limited Manufacturing Warranty against defects or issues.
Transferring products and orders outside of our offered and approved shipping zones will void all warranties, policies, guarantees, promises, and violates our Terms of Service as agreed upon during checkout. These terms apply at all times.
This warranty applies only when the product has been properly used by consumers who purchased the product from CosmoGlo directly.
If the product fails due to manufacturing defects, the manufacturer will replace parts or the unit at its discretion and reserves the right to substitute comparable materials or models. CosmoGlo does not guarantee that the replacement part will match the existing pieces or products. CosmoGlo reserves the right to replace parts or pieces with new or refurbished products. Customer may be responsible for shipping costs for replacements at the sole discretion of CosmoGlo on a case by case basis.
CosmoGlo is responsible for replacing parts for your model only. Warranty may cover parts for your current model and will not be replaced with a different models parts.
CosmoGlo does not accept returns/refunds on parts or items sold separately. All sales for new sold separately parts and/or refurbished items are final and non-refundable, and are not eligible for replacement under any warranties, guarantees, or policies with CosmoGlo.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR WARRANTY CLAIMS AND COVERAGE, ORDERS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- Be placed and shipped to an Approved Shipping location as per our Terms and Conditions, Shipping Policy, and our Return + Refund Policy.
- Be used properly and in accordance with recommended guidelines for care and maintenance.
Be assembled following the instructions included in your box, following our assembly video, and using the tools provided with your order. *One standard sized Phillips screwdriver is necessary, but not included with your purchase, for proper assembly.
- Correct assembly instructions are available on our website, included in every shipped package, and available to view in our help center.
- Power tools are not required or recommended. *Use of power tools may void your warranty.
- Please reach out to support should you need assistance and/or replacement tools for assembly help.
PROPER USE MEANS:
- Using the product on a level surface where all rubber feet support the light with equal distribution of weight.
- Use on a flat, hard-surfaced floor is recommended. Use on carpet or uneven flooring is not recommended.
- *If you are using your light on carpet, you can have a piece of plywood cut to match the dimensions of your baseplate at a local hardware store. This will help give added stability to your light and allow your cords to move and work properly over time.
- The product was not abused by the consumer, as defined later in this policy.
- The consumer follows all cleaning/maintenance given in the Tips and Best Practices guidelines.
*Use of unapproved chemicals, sanitizers, cleaners, or cleaning products/items may cause cosmetic damage or compromise the integrity of the product. This type of damage may not be covered under warranty.
- Our warranty typically covers electrical malfunctions caused by a manufacturer defect or issue, but not from improper use.
- We love our 360-turning halo and want you to love it too, while using it correctly. (Tips and Best Practices)
- Please make sure while turning your halo that you turn it in both directions. If you typically turn or rotate it in only one direction, you may cause wire damage over time.
- *Damages caused by turning the halo in only one direction multiple times will not be covered under warranty.
- If your halo cord becomes damaged due to accidental misuse/turning, please reach out to our support team to purchase a halo outside of warranty. We are happy to help and can provide tips to prevent damages in the future.
- Any metal on metal parts, at some point begin to squeak. This is not a defect and will not be covered under warranty. Using WD-40 will help the joints on your CosmoGlo with their movement.
The rubber bands on the phone clip are designed to hold the phone in place on top of the clip and can be easily replaced. We recommend replacing them periodically with bands of a similar size which are widely available online or can be purchased directly on our website here. If you notice wear and tear, the elasticity is compromised or not functioning as directed, please do not use the clip until the bands have been replaced.
Lost packages, damages that occur during shipping/carrier-related damages, and damages or issues that occur while using 3rd party carriers is not considered a valid claim or use of your manufacturer’s warranty, and will not be covered by your 1-year warranty.
We provide Route Package Protection during checkout as an optional, low-cost level of insurance to protect your delivery.
We highly recommend purchasing Route with your items at the time of check out so you have prepaid, included shipping insurance on your package.
*CosmoGlo offers Route to our consumers for peace of mind on their lighting investment, and does not receive commissions, payment, or profit from a consumer adding this optional insurance to their order.
OTHER POLICIES REGARDING RETURNS + REFUNDS
Please inspect your order upon delivery and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Your return window is 30 days following the day after the package was delivered, even if your package was delivered and you did not open the box or use your light until weeks, months, or years later. This is why we recommend opening your package as soon as it arrives to assure all the correct items were included and delivered. After 14-days of delivery, we are no longer responsible for items that were not included in package and will offer options to purchase needed parts.
CosmoGlo has the right to refuse any returns or return requests after the 30 day return window has closed (30 days after the item delivers to your shipping location that was provided).
If you find damages to your light or the packaging it arrived in after delivery, please contact us within 14 business days with your order information and photo/video proof of the damages.
Route Package Protection covers most instances of carrier-related damages. If you did purchase Route, please file your claim within the applicable timeframes listed in the Route section of this warranty. If you did not purchase Route, after 14 days of delivery, CosmoGlo will no longer be held liable for damages, issues, or returns due to carrier-related shipping issues.
PROOF OF PURCHASE FOR RETURNS + REFUNDS
All returns require proof of the item and proof of purchase. We may not accept an item as a return or refund without a photo, video, or physical return of the item.
All warranty replacements and/or applicable full or partial refunds are issued at the sole discretion of CosmoGlo.
Shipping, traveling with, using third parties, or relocating your CosmoGlo outside of our approved shipping areas will void your warranty.
- CosmoGlo reserves the right to deny any replacements, refunds, or warranty claims for items that are outside of our approved shipping areas. If outside of approved areas, the customer may be responsible for all shipping and/or replacement part costs.
All warranty claims must be linked to an original sale through the CosmoGlo store.
- Purchases from third parties will not be covered by warranty, including but not limited to local meetups, third-party resale apps, or friend and family.
- This Warranty does not transfer away from the original owner, (The Billing Name on the original sale receipt/confirmation.)
- We must be able to locate your CosmoGlo Store order number to be able to file a claim, and all of the original purchasers information must be made available to us so we are able to locate the original order data.
- We reserve the right to deny any claim if the information needed to locate your order is not made available to the support agent assisting you.
WARRANTY TERMINATION + VOIDING ACTIONS
- Alteration from the originally delivered product may cause the warranty to be void. Warranties typically only apply to products that have not been altered or modified after they were purchased.
- Scratching, scraping or cosmetic damages that are caused during assembly will not qualify for a claim under this warranty.
- Please be sure to look over the Assembly Video, Clamp FAQ, and our Tips and Best Practices article during assembly to avoid these damages.
- If you damage your light during assembly and would like to purchase new parts, we are able to provide options for purchasing these parts. Please submit a request here to purchase parts outside of warranty.
- Wire damages caused by not allowing the cord to turn freely will not be covered under the manufacturer warranty.
-Do not turn the halo in the same/one direction over a long period of time. Turn the halo in the opposite direction to relieve tension on the cord and to avoid wires from becoming tangled and tightened.
-The wire should come out from underneath the base through the back, between the rubber feet, and not be pinched or held tightly underneath the base. The wire requires enough room to turn freely underneath the base and ensure your cords remain functional and damage-free.
- All Lights are quality checked and shipped in a working, cosmetically-verified, brand new condition. Damages caused by misuse are not covered under warranty, and you may submit a request to purchase parts outside of warranty to replace those damaged through misuse or improper set up of your light.
- Removing the LED shield and tampering with electrical components will void your warranty.
- Please do not attempt to repair a CosmoGlo on your own unless advised by a representative.
- We provide clear instructions and a tutorial video for assembly; failure to follow those steps or intentionally using materials, tools, or altering the integrity of the item in any way, may void the warranty.
- Cosmetic damages due to improper assembly, use, or unauthorized repairs are not the responsibility of CosmoGlo and are not covered under warranty.
- Your warranty may be voided due to any damages caused by floods, fires, acts of God, natural causes, or any damages not caused by the manufacture. Please reach out to your home, renters, or business insurance to file a claim for damages.
- Our warranty will only cover products and components that are provided with the original product. We do not cover damages caused by parts being connected to, connected from, tied to, or in other ways connected to the product different from the parts that came in the CosmoGlo box.
-This includes using a 3rd party power box or cords, having additional accessories or items clamped onto the frame, clip-on parts or cosmetic enhancements, etc.
-Using different power boxes other than a CosmoGlo power box may cause the light and/or wires to flash, strobe, smoke, overheat or not work correctly resulting in the light shorting out or receiving too much or not enough voltage and may cause severe damages. We are not responsible for any damages caused by using power boxes that are not provided by CosmoGlo. Damages done to your light caused from using a power box other than a CosmoGlo power box may void your warranty.
- We have options to purchase new parts if you are in need. Please submit a request here to purchase parts.
- Most cosmetic damages will not be covered under warranty. All of our lights are created, assembled, tested, quality checked, approved, packaged and shipped by a thorough team before it leaves our facility.
- Lights falling over, tipping, slamming or hitting objects that result in bends, breaks, cracks, scratches, dents, or other related cosmetic damages will not be seen as a manufacturer defect but as misuse or improper setup.
-In the event of cosmetic damages happening during transit or delivery, it will not be seen as a manufacturer defect and we recommend purchasing Route Package Protection Insurance. You will need to contact them if the package was damaged during shipment and delivery. You do have a limited timeframe to contact Route before your request is denied. You will not be able to add Route to your order once purchase is confirmed.
Please see the Route Section of this warranty for further details, instructions for claims, and timeframes for submitting a claim based on the situation.
Touch-up paint is intended to be used to cover minor cosmetic damages and marks on your CosmoGlo light in its original color. We recommend you watch the provided CosmoGlo painting tutorial that is provided with the purchase of your touch-up spray.
The user is fully responsible for altering the condition of your light when using our CosmoGlo color-matched touch-up spray or any aftermarket product. Aftermarket modifications may not be covered by the warranty. When modifying your light CosmoGlo is not responsible for damages caused by the user, the product, or the paint.
Most warranty claims are resolved with support troubleshooting.
- Your claim may be able to be handled with troubleshooting steps or advice without the need for replacement parts, and we ask that you follow the requests and tips given by our support staff.
- CosmoGlo will need to be able to determine the issue to approve the claim and may not accept only verbal or written proof of the issue.
- We reserve the right to deny a claim if proof by photo/video is not provided, or if the customer does not provide proof of original purchase.
- Failure to cooperate with our customer support team and/or provide the requested information may result in a denied claim.
- If found necessary and replacement parts are ordered, typically the faulty parts or pieces that need to be replaced will be sent. A full light replacement is usually not necessary.
- We are here to help and will not tolerate aggressive behavior or threats.
HOW TO SUBMIT A WARRANTY CLAIM
Submit a support request for a warranty claim here.
All warranty claims of product or order issues require an approval and must be resolved directly with CosmoGlo’s support team.
Warranty replacements will be issued at the sole discretion of CosmoGlo. Please make sure to follow all of our guidelines and advice for proper assembly and use in this warranty. Not doing so may result in your warranty claim being denied, and/or your warranty being voided.
Keep the original box for 30 days if possible. We may not accept returns on lights that are not returned in the original CosmoGlo packaging. We do offer a new Cosmoglo shipping box for purchase to return your item if you threw away the packaging. Damages caused by careless packaging during a return will result in a deduction from your refund.
Please see our Return + Refund Policy for additional returns information.
-30 days to return orders.
-14 days to contact us for replacements for missing parts.
- Please keep your packaging until you are fully satisfied with your purchase. Returns must come back in the original packaging or purchase of packaging will be required to return.
Customers may or may not be required to pay for shipping for replacement parts. For replacements outside the USA, the consumer is responsible for all shipping costs.
We do not have authorized repair centers and all warranty requests must be processed directly through the CosmoGlo support team.
Submit a new support request here.
Please read over how to properly use our CosmoGlo accessories before sending in a claim. You can learn more below-
Professional Mini Ring Light Macro Lens
Your CosmoGlo accessory will come with a 30-day warranty and offer a 30-day return window. Once the package has been received and processed, we will provide you with a refund minus all shipping costs. Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns and we will be happy to help.
Please read this Limited Warranty policy carefully. To maintain your warranty, you will need to comply with the conditions stated here and in our Terms and Conditions, Shipping Policy, and our Return + Refund Policy.
This limited warranty is for manufacturing defects only and does not cover loss or damage to the product as a result of customer abuse, error, misuse, or as a result of improper assembly or item use.
This limited warranty does not apply to loss or damage to the product caused by: negligence; abuse; misuse; mishandling; improper installation, storage, or maintenance; damage due to fire, flooding, or acts of God; vandalism; civil disturbances; power surges; improper power supply; electrical current fluctuations; corrosive environment installations; induced vibration; harmonic oscillation or resonance associated with the movement of air currents around the product; alteration; accident; failure to follow installation and assembly, operating, maintenance or environmental instructions.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES / LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our product and services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable. You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you. You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available for your use, without any representation, warranties, or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
In no case shall CosmoGlo, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers, or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility.
Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY + DISCLAIMERS
Please note that all shipments sent outside of our approved shipping zones above will NOT include a warranty or guarantee. Replacement parts may be able be purchased, but customers outside of our approved zones will be required to pay for parts, shipping, and duties/taxes/applicable fees.
If we do not offer shipping to your country, please sign up for our International Launch List. We are working very hard to expand our shipping areas and kindly ask that you wait until we are in your country so that we may provide service and support to you.
As per our Shipping Policy, transferring products and orders outside of our offered and approved shipping zones will void all warranties, policies, guarantees, promises, and violates our Terms of Service as agreed upon during checkout. These terms apply at all times.